Friday, December 5, 2008

Welcome


My name is Alex Monk. I'm a life-long Kanata resident, a student at Carleton University, and a candidate in the CBC's competition "Canada's Next Great Prime Minister".
Part of this competition is encouraging community action, in accordance with the candidate's original entry platform. In my case, an important part of my campaign is a need to encourage a grassroots 'green communities' movement.
Meaningful and long-term change comes gradually, from the individual level. By encouraging individuals in my community to share their own actions and views on environmentally friendly progress, while supplementing with suggestions and information on what sort of actions make a real difference, I hope to further exactly the sort of community based movement that yields long term success.

No comments: